Oak Island...Theories Explained! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Oak Island...Theories Explained!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1701 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    So yet again robot posts ridiculous fiction...albeit each time he does the story changes.

Yet no matter the content of his fictional stories no cable tv show is going to buy it.

Perhaps he can audition for the laginas and appear on their show with one of his preposterous theories.....
    alan m, ECS and G.A.P.metal like this.
    My AT Pro finds more 搕reasure?in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

The oak island money pit is the longest running hoax in history...

Resident De-bunker #2...

The 1911...An elegant weapon for a more civilized age...

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18234 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    It was noted that pure Mercury was found on Oak Island!
    It was rumoured that in 1937 that broken flasks that contained mercury residue NOT pure mercury, were found in an attempt to provide evidence the Francis Bacon theory of famous works preserved in mercury were buried on Oak Island.
    The existence of these flasks and who claimed to have found them has NEVER been verified.

ca
    Mar 2014
    1209 times
    Oak Island Treasure

Thousands Of Shards From Flasks Some Containing Traces Of Liquid Silver Pure Mercury?

Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    It was rumoured that in 1937 that broken flasks that contained mercury residue NOT pure mercury, were found in an attempt to provide evidence the Francis Bacon theory of famous works preserved in mercury were buried on Oak Island.
    The existence of these flasks and who claimed to have found them has NEVER been verified.
    https://blockhouse124.rssing.com/cha...72/all_p2.html

The earliest mention of mercury flasks on Oak Island, that I was able to find, was found in author D'Arcy O'Connor's book, "The Big Dig: The $10 Million Search for Oak Island's Legendary Treasure". Published Oct 18th 1988.
    In following up on this mention in his book, I found a statement by O'Connor on Jo Atherton's Oak Island Treasure forum, in which he said:

"What was found, according to correspondence between Gilbert Hedden and Burrell Ruth (and later confirmed to me by Hedden and Ruth's widows, as well as by Amos Nauss, Hedden's on-site foreman), were thousands of shards of broken pottery flasks in a shallow dump in Joudrey's Cove (north side of the island) in the summer of 1937. Some of the broken flasks contained traces of a liquid silver residue which Hedden had analyzed in Halifax, and which was found to be mercury. This was discovered at the time when Hedden had his crew scouring the island for any markers that might tie into the famous Mar Del map. And no, neither the mercury nor the flasks were (or could be) carbon dated, as neither is an organic substance.

Name:  Mercury.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  3.3 KB

Last edited by Robot; Feb 25, 2021 at 08:26 PM.
    n2mini likes this.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

ca
    Mar 2014
    1209 times
    Oak Island Treasure

Even Impact Wrestling Is Down For The Count...When It Comes Up Against...Oak Island!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oak Island Ratings.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	1905342

Curse of Oak Island on History Channel topped the night February 23rd, 2021...on the Cable Top 150 with a 0.56 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, drawing 2.951 million viewers.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...eks-2020-high/

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    14999 times
    Metal Detecting
    Anyone today can do it... if they have access to "Mercury".

Gold dissolves in mercury similar to the way salt dissolves in water...The mixture of mercury and gold would then be recollected and heated until the mercury boiled away. A simple still like those used to make alcohol would draw away the vaporized mercury, possibly collecting it for reuse, leaving mostly pure gold.
    Seems like an awful bother if you had already refined gold coins. You'd have to grind up the gold or pound it into thin foil. As far as I know mercury is used to amalgamate tiny flecks of gold found in placer run-off or crushed ore into an amalgam. Easier to just heat gold a couple hundred degrees more to melt it than you'd have to heat the amalgum to boil off the mercury.
    alan m, ECS and Singlestack Wonder like this.
    Political correctness is facism pretending to be manners -- George Carlin. Need the names of good men and heroes to say? Say the names of M. Sgt Gordon and 1st Sgt Shugart.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18234 times
    It was noted that pure Mercury was found on Oak Island!
    Traces in broken flasks, Robot my friend, is far from the large quantity of "pure mercury" you alluded that was needed to "laundry" Spanish gold coins into gold bards.
    alan m and Singlestack Wonder like this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18234 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    So yet again robot posts ridiculous fiction...albeit each time he does the story changes...
    No matter how many times one posts fiction over and over, it never becomes fact.

ca
    Mar 2014
    1209 times
    Oak Island Treasure

Thousands Of Flasks?

Traces in broken flasks, Robot my friend, is far from the large quantity of "pure mercury" you alluded that was needed to "laundry" Spanish gold coins into gold bards.
    These are "Thousands of Shards from what may have been Thousands of Large Flasks" containing "A large quantity of Liquid Silver".

I am sure these Freemason Depositors knew what they were doing...without the help from some here!
    Honest Samuel likes this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4712 times
    Unlike most of you, I believe the story from the start, when boys found chains to a oak tree. One treasure hunter just plow most of the island over seeking the money pit which he destroy, never to be found again.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18234 times
    ..."What was found... were thousands of shards of broken pottery flasks in a shallow dump in Joudrey's Cove (north side of the island) in the summer of 1937.
    Some of the broken flasks contained traces of a liquid silver residue which Hedden had analyzed in Halifax, and which was found to be mercury...
    Here you go again, Robot my friend, expanding the story to fit your pet theory.
    While is dies mention "thousands of shards" it does not state "thousands of LARGE flasks containing a large quantity of liquid silver" but "traces of a liquid silver residue".
    Traces are not considered a large quantity by any measurement.
    Incidentally, Robot, are you aware that every doctor's bag during the 18-19th centuries contained flasks of mercury?
    It was used as a cure for a certain disease common to sailors and other professions, and I'll give you a hint- it was NOT for Gold Fever.

ca
    Mar 2014
    1209 times
    Oak Island Treasure

The Thigh Bone Is Connected To The Knee Bone!

Here you go again, Robot my friend, expanding the story to fit your pet theory.
    While is dies mention "thousands of shards" it does not state "thousands of LARGE flasks containing a large quantity of liquid silver" but "traces of a liquid silver residue".
    Traces are not considered a large quantity by any measurement.
    Incidentally, Robot, are you aware that every doctor's bag during the 18-19th centuries contained flasks of mercury?
    It was used as a cure for a certain disease common to sailors and other professions, and I'll give you a hint- it was NOT for Gold Fever.
    My best friend...ECS
    Are you saying?...Doctors made house calls to Oak Island!

Name:	Doctor House Calls.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	1905424

Nov 2015
    1875 times
    Me thinks a certain

Name:	076db5c46f370b7f4c027e6dabde5c28.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	1905425

Is at it again

Name:	38257907-3d-people-winding-up-an-employee-3d-image-isolated-white-background.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	1905426
    Robot and ECS like this.
    Live the moment...

us
    Dave

Oct 2018
    Coffeyville, KS
    Minelab XTerra 705 Fisher F44
    511 times
    Prospecting
    There is just SO MUCH distorted/wrong with the whole "gold/mercury/amalgam" loopdy-loo that I don't know how to respond...except:

GOLD DOES NOT 'DISSOLVE' IN MERCURY LIKE SALT DISSOLVES IN WATER. Neither element chemically combines with the other, neither element changes state or any property - gold is still pure, solid gold, the mercury is still pure mercury. You put a gold coin in a vial of mercury, leave it for several days-weeks-months, remove it...and you have ALL of the original coin with a thin coating of mercury on it, which when removed, will leave the original coin exactly the same as when it was put in the mercury.

"AMALGAM" IS NOT "PURE GOLD". An amalgam is simply a physical mixture or combination of different substances. Unlike a "colloidal solution" the elements DO NOT break down to microscopic size. The various ingredients DO NOT change in any way, and are still the exact same substances they were before they were combined, only now they are "mixed" - like "sand and gravel".
    Last edited by DaveVanP; Feb 26, 2021 at 07:20 AM.
    "A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - e. e. cummings

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    438 times
    Couple of excerpts from Gold Rush Trading Post--- https://www.goldrushtradingpost.com/gold_melting_point

Gold readily dissolves in mercury at room temperature to form an amalgam, and forms alloys with many other metals at higher temperatures. These alloys can be produced to modify the hardness and other metallurgical properties, to control melting point or to create exotic colors. Common colored gold alloys such as rose gold can be created by the addition of various amounts of copper and silver.

The process of smelting gold requires a furnace, microwave kiln, or torch. Melting means to change something from a solid to a liquid by the application of heat. When the heat is removed, the melted material returns to its solid state. Its chemical content has not been changed. Smelting, however, is a metallurgical term. It refers to "burning off" the impurities that your gold might be mixed with, resulting in nearly pure gold.

Most people melt gold-bearing material in a crucible with a mixture of flux (such as silica and borax). Many natural forms of gold contain impurities, so a flux is required to collect them and remove them from the gold. Fluxes also help to hold together fine gold particles. The crucibles used for melting your gold must stand up to the fluxes being used, and crucibles made of graphite carbon are the most common type used. There are many options for shapes and molds to pour your molten gold into. Small kiln kits for melting gold found here.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18234 times
    My best friend...ECS
    Are you saying?...Doctors made house calls to Oak Island!
    I am saying that your quote states these broken flask shards with trace mercury residue were found in a "shallow dump in Jourdey's Cove". Note the word "DUMP".
    What other garbage was found in this shallow dump that doesn't fit a Oak Island treasure story?
    n2mini, my other friend, was there a "crucible" found in that shallow garbage dump?
    Last edited by ECS; Feb 26, 2021 at 09:53 AM.
    Singlestack Wonder and alan m like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links