The Ruins of New Ross Nova Scotia - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: The Ruins of New Ross Nova Scotia

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dave

Oct 2018
    Coffeyville, KS
    Minelab XTerra 705 Fisher F44
    511 times
    Prospecting
    Judging from the size of the trees in your photos, those oaks are less than 100 years old. We had an oak tree on our place in California that was nearly 3 feet in diameter, and had 175 rings. For an oak tree to have been of any noticeable size (say 20' tall, to use as a "marker") during the Spanish Mission era of California, it would have to be close to 400 years old today, making it the trunk to be about 7-8 feet in diameter (oaks' average *about* 4"-5" inches of diameter for each year of growth)
    Crow and MCX like this.
    "A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - e. e. cummings

ca
    Sep 2005
    Paso Robles
    Teknetics G2
    382 times
    There is 600 species of Oak but so far the Oak Canopy Trees have not been Identified of which Species it belongs to. Of Oak's longevity in years it depends upon the soil, water supply & diseases. On the average the Cork Oak from Portugal lives 200 plus years, Valley Oaks live 300 plus years, White Oak lives 300 plus years, Live Oak lives 300 plus and including to 1,000 years. The Founding of the Mission in San Luis Obispo was in 1772, that was 248 years ago, 152 years less than the 400 years you talk about. I live amongst the Oaks, I am well aware of their approximate age. In downtown Paso Robles some Valley Oaks there are over 500 years old, a few like that in Templeton, many like that in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo and on down the coast. You cannot travel anywhere east, west, north or south in this area without seeing the Oaks, but there is very few Oak Canopy Trees anywhere except in the La Panza Mountains where the Spanish Mined For Gold.

us
    Jan 2013
    Maryland
    Bounty Hunter
    2178 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    Looks Scandinavian to me. It is, in fact, something of a crude copy of the Ramsund stone in Sweden.

Still absolutely nothing to do with New Ross.

Attachment 1854398
    I thought it was a very early edition of "Chutes and Ladders"
    Noah_D and Charlie P. (NY) like this.

ca
    Feb 2016
    Nova Scotia
    669 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    I still like the ghosts, leprechauns and aliens theory Joan Hope had about the castle ruins at New Ross.

At least she had fun delusions.
    Ah yes. The leprechauns she saw taking her car on a joyride.

Shrooms must have greater potency when grown on ley lines.
    Charlie P. (NY) likes this.
    "The Templar theory is an example of what happens when someone gets an idea and then attempts to find evidence to prove it, rather than evaluating the evidence and then forming a theory to explain it."

--Dave Rishar.

ca
    Feb 2016
    Nova Scotia
    669 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTrails55 View Post
    Here's another fun delusion for you all, you can look it up at the Petroglyphs at Bedford, Halifax County, Nova Scotia in the Kejm Kujik National Park, this is about 34.6 miles from Chester (Oak Island)Attachment 1854392Attachment 1854393

Please.

That stone is in neither Bedford nor Keji.
    "The Templar theory is an example of what happens when someone gets an idea and then attempts to find evidence to prove it, rather than evaluating the evidence and then forming a theory to explain it."

--Dave Rishar.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18234 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    ... I am descended from Both Sides of My Parents Families from the Pilgrims, Royals and Huguenots and they also inter married at different times.
    There is way over a thousand Families just in my Family Tree. All of which is Super Documented in History...
    Most of us alive probably are related to thousands of families in their family trees.
    So, what is your point?
    hound likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18234 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Raparee View Post
    Please.

That stone is in neither Bedford nor Keji.
    ...and Eldo's spiral covered boulder is Neolithic from around 2500 BCE.
    hound likes this.

ca
    Sep 2005
    Paso Robles
    Teknetics G2
    382 times
    Well, I got it off of this Ladies Blog site and then looked it up myself at the Bedford Petrogylph site. Here is her blog <https://queensincanada.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/the-mystery-of-the-carved-stone-in-nova-scotia/> now I admit that my links for some reason do not post here, why I do not know or understand why. So I went to 2 different sources for this and it was the same and then I got a confirmation from someone that lives that a way, so you tell me. And while your at it, Look up Jack MacNab and look up Bayers Lake Mystery Walls, Halifax County, Sibley Stone Dolmen and Eagle Rock Dolmen. That should keep you busy for now...hee,hee

ca
    Sep 2005
    Paso Robles
    Teknetics G2
    382 times
    My point is, I know where I came from. Do You ?

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18234 times
    Yes I do and the origin of my family surname dating back to 1245 Leeds, Yorkshire, England from the Norwegian Viking Jarl who established his fiefdom on British soil.
    HappyTrails55 likes this.

ca
    Sep 2005
    Paso Robles
    Teknetics G2
    382 times
    Very GOOD !

ca
    Feb 2016
    Nova Scotia
    669 times
    Well, I got it off of this Ladies Blog site and then looked it up myself at the Bedford Petrogylph site. Here is her blog <https://queensincanada.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/the-mystery-of-the-carved-stone-in-nova-scotia/> now I admit that my links for some reason do not post here, why I do not know or understand why. So I went to 2 different sources for this and it was the same and then I got a confirmation from someone that lives that a way, so you tell me. And while your at it, Look up Jack MacNab and look up Bayers Lake Mystery Walls, Halifax County, Sibley Stone Dolmen and Eagle Rock Dolmen. That should keep you busy for now...hee,hee

I’ve had a number of conversations with Jack McNabb. He’s... ummm... unique.

The stone you posted is, I believe, in St. Margaret’s Bay. Not Bedford, not Keji.

--Dave Rishar.

us
    Jan 2013
    Maryland
    Bounty Hunter
    2178 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I do not have permission to say. But it will come out soon in the news after all other sites are checked out.
    FinderKeeper? Is that you?

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    7626 times
    NO. Please do not even compare me with Dennis.
    Doubter in MD likes this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Maryland
    Bounty Hunter
    2178 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    NO. Please do not even compare me with Dennis.
    I was just funnin'.

I do love all of the tales talked about here. Tall, and otherwise. Thanks to all who contribute.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links