My Land Maters changes
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By et1955
  • 9 Post By Clay Diggins
  • 5 Post By Vance in AK
  • 2 Post By Rail Dawg
  • 1 Post By et1955

Thread: My Land Maters changes

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1229 times
    Prospecting

My Land Maters changes

Been using and supporting MLM for at least 6 years but something has changed, zooming in is not accurate anymore, click on a place to enlarge , its close but you have to click again and again to center your area of choice, also the private property maps have changed from last year. My claim on the Klamath river near Happy Camp is surrounded by private property and the one road going to my claim is on private property and that has always been shown on the MLM maps of the past but now on MLM that road and the house on that private property shows it is now USFS land, Mystery ?, If it is USFS land now that means I can drive down to my claim instead of kayaking to it. Also I am using windows 10 high end gamming system, only 2 months old.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    11655 times
    Prospecting
    Nothing has changed on the Land Matters map Ed, I would know since I am the only one who can change the maps. The map layers are exactly the same, I just looked at your claim and the mapping is the same as when you located in 2014. It doesn't matter what computer system you are using Land Matters does all the mapping on the server not on your computer.

Use the "Land Manager" to see who controls the land. I see the road and house shown as private property on the north side of the bend with Karuk land to the south. Only the river area is Forest Service managed. The Topo layer also shows the same.

Instead of clicking to zoom in draw a box around the area you would like to see. It's a lot quicker and more accurate than the Google map method of clicking over and over to zoom in.

Heavy Pans

us
    Feb 2010
    Kenai, Alaska
    Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
    429 times
    Clay, again thank you for all the hard work!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    Northern Nevada
    MineLab GPZ 7000 Garrett ATX Pro
    801 times
    Prospecting
    My Land Matters gets nothing but the highest praise from me. Would encourage everyone to take a moment and make a small donation to these people. Accurate land mapping that you can trust is priceless in this business.

Thanks Clay to you and all the other folks that make this valuable tool available.

Chuck
    delnorter and russau like this.

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1229 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Nothing has changed on the Land Matters map Ed, I would know since I am the only one who can change the maps. The map layers are exactly the same, I just looked at your claim and the mapping is the same as when you located in 2014. It doesn't matter what computer system you are using Land Matters does all the mapping on the server not on your computer.

Use the "Land Manager" to see who controls the land. I see the road and house shown as private property on the north side of the bend with Karuk land to the south. Only the river area is Forest Service managed. The Topo layer also shows the same.

Instead of clicking to zoom in draw a box around the area you would like to see. It's a lot quicker and more accurate than the Google map method of clicking over and over to zoom in.

Heavy Pans
    Thanks Clay
    russau likes this.

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1229 times
    Prospecting
    Hi Clay I did as you said and focused around my claim and it still does not show or identify the private property above my claim, I just found a pic that I took using my tablet over a year ago of what I used to see on my computer screen of my claim using MLM. I will posts those you soon, Thanks

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1229 times
    Prospecting
    What is missing is the ability to Identifying the private property around my claim and click the Info button to learn who owns that property, that was always a nice feature but gone now. I tried all different combinations but still no Info on the private land around my claim but last year I did have access threw MLM on that. I did find a pic that I saved of what I used to see around my claim on MLM topo, that topo map is a lot different from what I see now, mystery.

Sponsored Links