Who thinks the dollars going to crash?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Who thinks the dollars going to crash?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Certified village idiot

Oct 2020
    Dayton Ohio
    122 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Who thinks the dollars going to crash?

Sure seems to be a strange time to be alive. The old mighty dollar is really taking a beating. All this talk of digital wallets, crypto and printing trillions it almost makes one think they are trying to crash it.

Anyone have a bunch of silver they wanna sell cheap? 😆

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    2334 times
    Despite what post apocalyptic movies and every doomsday prepper fancies a good investment, silver and gold will be about as valuable as soiled diaper in a world wide catastrophic event, and one could make a strong argument the soiled diaper is more useful as bait in a trap or fertilizer for your garden.....If we ever experience a worldwide collapse (a "doomsday" scenario), with 8 billion people on this earth starving, clean water and food stores will be the most valuable commodity, followed closely by medicine, shelter and clothing and Mr Smith and Wesson to protect it. When your survival shortens to one week without clean water, gold and silver's demand and value will fall of a cliff faster then lemmings into the sea....

Don't get stuck with a closet full of gold. Better it be stocked with food, water and clothing.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

Feb 2016
    72 times
    deep, you forgot the Women's , that's a + to get stuck with...
    Rebel - KGC and SD51 like this.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers厖 Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    43154 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    already Crashing. Beginning of the Year I Bought 10 Dozen Lrge Eggs.
    They were Priced at .99
    Today I bought 1 Dozen Eggs priced AT $1.79

beginning of the year I paid $2.39 a Gallon For Gas,
    Today I Passed the Closest Station was $2.89 I Figured Somewhere I Could find Cheaper.
    Everyone was $2.89 Till I Got Back to town.
    In one & a half Hours it Rose here to $2.99 never did Fill up

neighbor in the apartment told me yesterday our rent is rising no idea How much

Got my Comcast Bill Yesterday the Local government raised their fees to Comcast.
    They past it on to it's Customers at $20 More a Month.
    even though my Bill was Not supposed to Rise for another Year, The passed it on to me anyway.

those are just the rises this week I've noticed .

Oh by the Way apparently the Racists at Aunt Jemima Just decided they Don't Like Looking at a Black Woman,
    or the Name Aunt Jemima . https://www.auntjemima.com/ I Guess I can at least find a Cheaper Generic Brand
    and boycott "Pearl Milling" ! I did Email them and Call them Racist #^$@^%#$ for a Laugh
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Feb 25, 2021 at 09:37 PM.
    Fat, GoDeep, Swaveab and 9 others like this.

Feb 2016
    72 times
    jeff your the only one on tnet tonight, you answer on all my comments, loll, ha ha, auntjemima racist thing came out at the same time as uncle bens, last year
    same, see uncle bens

us
    Mar 2014
    New Glarus,WI
    CTX,800,Explorer2,IDXPro-M,Compadre
    1081 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    Despite what post apocalyptic movies and every doomsday prepper fancies a good investment, silver and gold will be about as valuable as soiled diaper in a world wide catastrophic event, and one could make a strong argument the soiled diaper is more useful as bait in a trap or fertilizer for your garden.....If we ever experience a worldwide collapse (a "doomsday" scenario), with 8 billion people on this earth starving, clean water and food stores will be the most valuable commodity, followed closely by medicine, shelter and clothing and Mr Smith and Wesson to protect it. When your survival shortens to one week without clean water, gold and silver's demand and value will fall of a cliff faster then lemmings into the sea....

Don't get stuck with a closet full of gold. Better it be stocked with food, water and clothing.
    I’m not gonna argue any of that....if it were to get to that point.
    Ponteach, GoDeep and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    2334 times
    Imagine if you and your family were hunkered down after an apocalypse and looking at your food stores you had 1 months worth of food and some dude from Tnet shows up with the lost Dents run gold and wants 2 weeks of your food in exchange. Literally, one of those little single serving Salt and Pepper packs from Burger King would be more valuable to you then his gold.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4712 times
    At these times, I wish that I had a 1000 areas farm where it is always hot and the crops grown all year around. I would never run out of food and moonshine. Tippy my cat and I loves # 7. A great sense of humor.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4712 times
    Word of advice/ Don't purchase Jumbo eggs, because they are the same size of X-Large, but, higher prices. Check it out.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    3569 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post

I tend to agree, but most people who stack precious metals do so as a hedge against inflation, an investment, and a hedge against the $$ tanking, which usually drives up the price of precious metals.
    I don't think many people think that they are realistically going to be bartering an ounce of silver for half a loaf of bread, if it gets to that point you'd shoot the guy and take his bread, of he'd shoot you and talk the silver.

Keep in mind also that large food/water stockpiles are difficult for the average person to maintain because of shelf life - You really can't stock enough to last, say, half a year and expect to keep it fresh with daily consumption/rotation.
    Rebel - KGC and T.C. like this.

us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    XP Deus ORX, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
    784 times
    Eventually unless something changes it's inevitable - downfall of our free market and inflation will eventually become a major issue. The National Dept is something like 28 Trillion and that comes out to about $223k per tax payer. Our Liabilities are already greater than our national assets so on paper we are already upside down.

Either prices go up or you have to print more money - one of which delays the inevitable.

In an end of the world scenario sure I would agree silver and gold are probably worthless, but in an economic depression or collapse of a single country anyone who isn't buying Silver and Gold now will be kicking themselves 20 years from now. I bought a couple rolls of silver 2 years ago at 16 and ounce or roughly 18.5 for silver eagles with the premium. I wish I had bought a lot more as we will soon reach 40 an ounce. IMO

When I read about Hyperinflation in countries like 1920's soviet Russia it's hard not to see we are on the same path. We may not be printing new denominations yet, but we have new alloys of pocket change that is essential worthless and now one cares about. The Penny and Nickel cost the taxpayer more to make then they are worth and the vast majority of the population is clueless. I was actually educating a young man on this very topic today he didn't even know if a Silver Eagle was legal tender and he is our company accountant! Sadly we live in a world at the moment where values are calculated by credits, coins, gems, bitcoin, V-bucks or whatever other number exist in the cloud. It may very well be the future but the transition will be painful for the dollar at the very least.

HH and pull all the silver you can still find!
    eman
    Last edited by eman1000; Feb 25, 2021 at 11:38 PM.
    Swaveab, Rebel - KGC, T.C. and 1 others like this.

ca
    Feb 2011
    Edgewood, B.C.
    excal2, XP Deus
    183 times
    Food, clean water, medicine, and a way to keep producing food.. A few guns are never a bad idea either;

to hunt game and protect yourself.. These are the things that will have real value in any SHTF scenario.

The bonus might be silver or gold; but since you cannot eat or drink them, they will have limited use.

I have heard that alcohol [I do not drink so that is a non starter for me] would be a good thing to

have on hand as well.. makes great barter currency.

Micheal
    "Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in".

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    7459 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by bartholomewroberts View Post
    [COLOR=#0000cd]Food, clean water, medicine, and a way to keep producing food.. A few guns are never a bad idea either; to hunt game and protect yourself.. These are the things that will have real value in any SHTF scenario.
    Agreed, but city people generally do not have the outdoor skills
    needed to survive. To most, the farm and meat market are located
    at the local supermarket.

Don't have much gold or silver, but I do have a home sitting on
    a river large enough to have 6 different runs of salmon each year,
    and I'm surrounded by wilderness loaded with elk, deer, bear
    and loads of smaller game. Oh yeah...and my wife can can anything..
    Swaveab, shovelready, AARC and 6 others like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    528 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    I totally agree we are heading in a bad direction and if the stuff doesn't hit the fan the dollar certainly is going to suffer badly. I was thinking about investing in some stock and then saw the hyperinflation starting up and said to myself, no way. Everything is too fragile for me to take that leap and our current leadership isn't helping. eman1000 is right that the melt value of some coins are even higher than the face value now and that doesn't even count the costs in making the coins.

I'd love to be more self sufficient, but it takes a great deal of money to invest it into yourself to cover all bases. I'm stuck in an urban setting on a fixed income. On a good sidenote is that I found running water streaming under my home years ago that i can tap for use here. Boil it and run it through a filter and that problem is solved. The toilet doesn't care and I can just fill the tank up in back straight away.

BTW, all you guys that use gold and silver for a shtf situation can come over here and I'll sell you some bread for all you've got. You guys are right that it's only good for an inflation hedge, but only if someone out there is willing to exchange for it at the higher rates. Don't put all your extra large eggs (lol) into 1 basket. S & W resides here too and is a necessity.
    Last edited by Swaveab; Feb 26, 2021 at 02:25 AM.

us
    Apr 2015
    s.w.washington
    tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
    43 times
    The bell has already rung folks, control the money,control the nation's. Control the food, control the people.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links