Who thinks the dollars going to crash? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Who thinks the dollars going to crash?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    528 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    whats a medium meal at a bk or mcdonalds cost down there? with our minimum wage hike here in ny, a medium quarter pounder meal is 11$. just a few years ago it was 7 or 8
    There are many reasons why people are leaving New York and California. I'll give you one guess what the root of those reasons are from. Same root reason we're all headed downhill as a nation now. The fact you pay that much at McDonalds is proof of how unreliable the dollar is and it's worse in the areas of the source of the problems.
    Duckshot and T.C. like this.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    41703 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    I'll Never Buy Organic or Free Range eggs I'm actually used to .99 for an 18 Count Pack of Large Eggs here . Jumbo used to be Cheaper.
    I've seen specially wrapped eggs in the Freezer with outrageous prices. No way ! they would have to be Proven to add 100 More years to my Life
    to get me to pay those prices for Eggs. I Normally avoid eggs over a Dollar. I Just may stop eating them.
    I Had 2 this morning along with an orange and hunk of bologna, instead of my Normal 3 , and bacon and toast,

Purchased Oatmeal & Shredded Wheat for stretching the Dozen eggs to 18 Days instead of 6
    May do without Breakfast at times to make them last even longer.

no idea how much milk rose, i never check and remember the price of milk.
    or cereals
    It would be great to do that same thing here, but it's just an option.
    Some buy Organic for a few reasons and some just don't really give it much thought of what they consume. We all have that toe tag ending no matter what, but its the journey that is the test. One can hobble, crawl, drag the winkle arse to the finish line suffering countless days of grief to end it. Then there's the ones that run there no problem and are just worn out.

I would buy on the cheap-but the body would last less than a year or two probably. Walking a fine line these past few years - paying for the habit years of playing badly.

Know a fellow that had 1.25 million layers-feed in one end of barn = egg in your hand-nobody ever touch that egg. Now that is mass produced at a buck a dozen.
    jeff of pa likes this.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    揑 treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches.??pepperj

I agree with most. Having silver and gold will help, but it's not everything. If I need to buy a few chickens or other meat, Mr. Farmer will take my silver bits in exchange. I also have a 1 year supply of MRE's for my wife and I, and they have a 25 year shelf life. My brother owns 240 acres so I have access to hunting, fishing, and gardening property. ( I know not everyone does, I'm lucky) I do own guns. I also own ammunition for guns I no longer own, and this would be a great barter item as long as someone out there needs the same caliber that I have. I am not a falling off the ledge prepper, but I am as prepared as I need to be. I just wish I could get my wife to convert more of our cash into some assets we would need. She was brought up differently than I was, and still thinks cash is king. I say, in the fairly near future she could be using the cash as a fire starter. Everyone has their own thoughts and feelings on this issue, (cash crashing) and these are just mine.
    T.C. and Singlestack Wonder like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    20802 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I was one of the suckers during the Hunt Brother's silver fiasco in the early 80's, put too many bucks into it. But I realized that I shouldn't take a loss then = still have it today. It's much prettier than the silver I bought cheaper since. Sometimes you just gotta stay positive and have a whole lot of patience.

It's hidden somewhere on this 45 acres or so of solitude I have. When I croak it won't be found again maybe forever. Though I should tell one of my children where to look with shovel in hand.
    T.C., pepperj and Trezurehunter like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36?0'
    8585 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaveab View Post
    There are many reasons why people are leaving New York and California. I'll give you one guess what the root of those reasons are from. Same root reason we're all headed downhill as a nation now. The fact you pay that much at McDonalds is proof of how unreliable the dollar is and it's worse in the areas of the source of the problems.
    I'm not paying $15 an hour to have somebody filp a burger, put it in a bag, and sweep thier floors. Meanwhile machinery that performs low skill labor is getting less expensive every day. Walmart pretty much announced a doubling of self-check-out capacity the day after announcing raising their minimum wage, which brings on the question"If I check myself out do I get the employee discount?"

This free-range organic bit is sounding better by the minute.
    T.C. likes this.
    "Do Not do to others that which you would Not have them do to you"

Choose your heroes carefully.

In God We Trust.

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    5668 times
    I know exactly why we are failing....If I could convince my parents to move to another state I would leave immediately. I will be the one responsible in the family for care, so I am kinda tied to their decisions as well unfortunately

us
    Sep 2013
    Scituate, RI
    Garrett AT Pro
    5481 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I'll take gold and silver (or the U.S. dollar) over Bitcoin any day. Not a currency, since it's backed by no one and nothing. Today it's worth 48k, but tomorrow it could be worth 38k. How do you buy a gallon of milk with it? Well, let's see, you owe me 1/1500th of a Bitcoin for that milk! Right. And how is the price determined? Seems odd that it can go down 5k in a matter of minutes and then jump 10k the next day. Sorry, but a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money with cryptos eventually.

RTR
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    18510 times
    And they laughed at preppers for how many years now ? LOL
    OR, "He who laughs last, laughs best"

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36?0'
    8585 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim View Post
    I'll take gold and silver (or the U.S. dollar) over Bitcoin any day. Not a currency, since it's backed by no one and nothing. Today it's worth 48k, but tomorrow it could be worth 38k. How do you buy a gallon of milk with it? Well, let's see, you owe me 1/1500th of a Bitcoin for that milk! Right. And how is the price determined? Seems odd that it can go down 5k in a matter of minutes and then jump 10k the next day. Sorry, but a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money with cryptos eventually.
    Yeah, because bit coin's value is measured in dollars anyways.

So, with that in mind, I got a plan, but it would take cooperation. How bouts a barter system. In the past you could not trade the fruit of your labor for the direct goods wanted. But how about this- let's say I make shoes. I could post on a social media site that I got shoes to trade for groceries, or housing or whatever tangible object or sevivice or a portion of a shoe towards such? Then somebody with groceries who needs a pair of shoes could get them. No monetary use at all, just a straight up trade of labor plus materials for services or finished goods. You could not do it with newspapers, but the inter-web posts up quickly enough for such exchange to take place, maybe on a regular basis. All it needs is a board dedicated to it. Imagine if millions of people discovered that they no longer need currency as a medium of exchange? What would the consequences be?

Just keep it private business though, otherwise it would get taxed to death.
    pepperj and T.C. like this.

In God We Trust.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    41703 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    I'm not paying $15 an hour to have somebody filp a burger, put it in a bag, and sweep thier floors. Meanwhile machinery that performs low skill labor is getting less expensive every day. Walmart pretty much announced a doubling of self-check-out capacity the day after announcing raising their minimum wage, which brings on the question"If I check myself out do I get the employee discount?"

This free-range organic bit is sounding better by the minute.
    The big will alway use the loss leader to crush the smaller independent-but who has the most employed and the least supported-small business.
    Everyone is so wrapped up in the dollar savings that they loose by the short tightness of who will be there to employ the folks.

I can't get over the fact the there's millions of top crop lands growing nothing but fuel that probably costs more to produce than what we pay for it at the pumps.
    Oh well it's called the subsidy game-the quota game-where we pay into a system to support a system that is so quota'd out it is full of what comes out the backside of the barn-cow flopping mess.

Folks that don't need are the one's that will be ok when it falls-and it will its a pump/pump/pump and it will dump.

The scrap metal prices are getting up there as they did before the 2008-anyone get a butt kicking with that crash?

We had a small bond come due this last year-bank offered me 0.75% Oh so nice of them to keep the money and never give a return.

So we opted to spend a hunk of it on freezers, chickens, harvesting of the Angus, future sustainability of our own food, an one acre plot of berry production that we can use for our own needs, and it will support other families that will pick the fruit of my labour, and do trading of their labour growing goods.
    Have a co-op of folks that think/eat/live the same, and one will always have a full belly.
    BillA likes this.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    揑 treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches.??pepperj

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers厖 Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    43154 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    whats a medium meal at a bk or mcdonalds cost down there? with our minimum wage hike here in ny, a medium quarter pounder meal is 11$. just a few years ago it was 7 or 8
    I don't frequent McDonalds. When I go to Burger King on Rare Occasions I Order a Burger, & Fry, Sometimes a soda
    Usually somewhere ROUND 3 BUCKS.

I'd never pay $11 unless I Had at least 2 Others With
    Singlestack Wonder likes this.

RTR
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    18510 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    I don't frequent McDonalds. When I go to Burger King on Rare Occasions I Order a Burger, & Fry, Sometimes a soda
    Usually somewhere ROUND 3 BUCKS.

I'd never pay $11 unless I Had at least 2 Others With
    Lots a burgers here,and the price,1 bullet Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011_1111Mttohuntdeer4th0008.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	1905526

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36?0'
    8585 times
    Right on.

But think about this- with computer assisted bartering, portions of goods and services could be combined to allow orders for goods and services to be fulfilled. Just like what Amazon is doing except without the medium of exchange. Pricing would be based on agreement between seller and buyer alone, without interference from a third party but assisted by a privately owned search engine. On a large scale such a system could potentially end currency as a medium of exchange- the days before money but you don't need to trade a herd of chickens for a keg of wine. The search engine could find the guy that wants to get a herd of chickens for his shoes, and the guy that wants shoes for a keg of wine, then trade the herd of chickens for the wine indirectly. The only winner is the consumer- so long as it is solely private enterprise.
    pepperj likes this.

In God We Trust.

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    2334 times
    Those saying they'd trade their food(survivability) for gold or silver during an apocalypse are just idealizing the situation from the warm safety of their keyboard, as one doesn't know when, if ever, the apocalypse will end.

If you have two years of food store, you don't know that the apocalypse is going to end in one year, or ten so you wouldn't be trading away your food and the survivability potential of you and your children for some unknown FPV (future potential value). Sure, once we have a handle on the apocalypse and it's clear we will survive and recover from it, we can start trading for gold again, but in the meantime, it'd be virtually worthless, other then maybe to make fishing sinkers out of or what not.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Feb 26, 2021 at 01:21 PM.
    pepperj and BillA like this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers厖 Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    43154 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    It would be great to do that same thing here, but it's just an option.
    Some buy Organic for a few reasons and some just don't really give it much thought of what they consume. We all have that toe tag ending no matter what, but its the journey that is the test. One can hobble, crawl, drag the winkle arse to the finish line suffering countless days of grief to end it. Then there's the ones that run there no problem and are just worn out.

I would buy on the cheap-but the body would last less than a year or two probably. Walking a fine line these past few years - paying for the habit years of playing badly.

Know a fellow that had 1.25 million layers-feed in one end of barn = egg in your hand-nobody ever touch that egg. Now that is mass produced at a buck a dozen.
    I Don't expect to Die Healthy

in my entire Life I never saw an Obit where it said, He was in top of his Health till the day he died,
    but I'll wager it still happens. and they still die.
    at least they will have an excuse in my case
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Feb 26, 2021 at 12:30 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links